Saturday, July 6, 2013

Isaiah 60:11-13 -- God rewards people who are faithful to Him

I find this passage interesting because people are choosing to be a blessing, they are not being plundered or forced to do anything (accept maybe by their leadership).  It seems to me this is an illustration of what happens when one is trusted.  Resources come to them because they believe in the cause.

We're living in a world that no longer blindly follows; yet sometimes the truth that they discover is a very biased truth.  In fact, most times, when we discover the truth we only find a portion of the truth. This is actually reminding me of the story of the 5 blind men who discovered an elephant.
http://www.k4care.net/index.php?id=44

In my world I realize that God is far greater than I and that I am only one part of the body of Christ (1 Corinthians 12-14).  I also realize that the whole truth is hard to come by yet Jesus said "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6

Jesus's teachings and lifestyle were radical!  He:

  • He treated prostitutes and single men as his authentic friends
  • He engaged in the lives of individuals but wasn't afraid to teach a crowd
  • He saw through and reacted to the hypocrisy in the church
  • He cared for the vulnerable
  • He didn't store up riches for Himself
  • He asked one of His bests friends to take His Mother in when He died
  • He walked away from angry crowds yet willing went when it was His time 
  • .... and most importantly
  • He was killed, yet He rose again.




No comments:

Post a Comment