Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Isaiah 60:17-18 -- God will replace violence and destruction with victory and praise

As I read this I'm asking the question, what makes me mad.  For me there is nothing more frustrating than an objective, and a plan that meets the objective and people who say they subscribe to the objective but not the plan.

Now if I ask myself why this happens I'd say fear, jealousy, envy and pride...and then malice kicks in, which definitely leads to hurt and pain and can lead to violence, destruction and ruin and so the very things that will could led us out of poverty are destroyed.

God says that he will give us bronze, iron, gold and silver (ie equivalent to $ for us) AND appoint PEACE and JUSTICE.  To me this helps with the malice but the roots of fear need to be dealt with by love.  Scripture says:

"There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love." 1 John 4:18

To get rid of the jealousy, envy and pride we need to live by the Spirit.  Galatians 5:13-26 is an wonderful piece of scripture to mediate on in this regard.

Then the end result is Victory and Praise!   Thank you LORD!

"Thank you Lord on this day
Every blessing You give us
Food and friends, love and joy
For our dreams and ambitions
Blossom of love may it bloom and grow
Bloom and grow forever
Thank you Lord on this day
Bless our friendships forever!"

No comments:

Post a Comment