Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Isaiah 64:9-12 -- Father, forgive Your people

I find this prayer significant.  It's highlighting that God (not satan) is responsible for the devastation hitting God's chosen people and it's suggesting that it's because God is mad at His people.  I can remember the day, as a teenager, when I finally woke up to the fact that my parents had feelings too!  They had always taken care of me and God started to reveal to me how I was taking them for granted.  I think this is true with God too.  If we think we're so smart that we can carry on without Him..after all we can now clone animals so do we really need Him?... then He says, fine...just do it without me...but use your own sheep and your own soil, don't use Mine! (I'm quoting an Alpha joke)

...and now Isaiah pleads to His compassion

"Don't be so furious or keep our sins in your thoughts forever!  Remember that all of us are Your people!" Isaiah 64:9

Lord, as the Salvation Army High Council meets today would You forgive the sins of the Salvation Army.  Pride, jealousy, envy, malicious,... and would You move in such a way that Your leaders would recognize that they need You now more than ever before.  Would you humble them and help each person who needs to turn from their wicked ways to have the courage to confess what needs to be confessed and give them the strength to turn from their wicked ways so that You will "answer their prayers, forgive them, and bring healing to their lands" 2 Chronicles 7:14b

Lord, we need you now; in my neighbourhood too.  Guide me today as I determine what Your will is for our prayer meeting tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment