Saturday, December 8, 2012

Isaiah 13 --"If you live by the sword you die by the sword"


As I read Isaiah 13 I hear the anger and frustration and I really don't like it or the violence.  Not too long ago I was thinking let's get rid of the liars, manipulator, etc so we can go about our work in our Father's Kingdom yet, as much as I would like to do this, this is not part of Jesus's teaching.  Jesus taught that the weeds grow in with the wheat and it's God's job to deal with the weeds. This leaves me with questions on how one best sets boundaries.  The solution I believe is found in the phrase:

"Authentically love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul and mind and authentically love your neighbour as much as you authentically love yourself"

I really like it because, as Jesus said, it sums up the whole law and it leaves room for self love, God love and other people.

No comments:

Post a Comment