Saturday, December 22, 2012

My confession...

As you can tell I haven't typed much here recently.  This is mainly because I prefer a fairly tale story where everything ends well but the truth is God, and thus the scripture, deal with real people and their relationship (good and bad) with God.

My reality is that I am extremely blessed.  I've just returned from a week in Cuba with my Mom.  Our highlight was swimming with the Dolphins.  When we signed up we had no idea that swimming with the Dolphins meant that the Dolphins wanted to throw us up in the air.  Yup, I had one dolpin nose on one foot and the other on another foot and the idea was they'd swim so fast they'd lift you into the air and then you'd drop into the water.  They tried it twice with me but I wasn't convinced that I wanted to be thrown into the air so I never made it out of the water.  I now regret not trying a 3rd time though.  This story makes me think of some people in my life who I think wanted me to rise to the top and they did everything to help me to do this but all the time I wasn't convinced that I wanted to be raised to the top just to be dropped.  The beauty of their story is that they believe in the journey.  Just like scripture they are willing to work with real people and real life situations.

The other thing I did when I was in Cuba is read a novel based on the life of Daniel in the bible.  It's titled Daniel power, business, and politics (Daniel's life from ages fifty to eighty three) by Jay Edwards.  It helped me to digest again, that it's about real people, in a real world, with a real God.

My prayer is that whoever reads this blog will recognize their own real walk with a real God more than they observe my faltering walk in this real world with my real God.

Today is a turning point for me.  Today, I'm writing this because I'm having fun with my Living Room time with God.  I am so blessed.  One of my huge gifts from God and people is a copy of the Key Freedom bible. because I know some of the stories that went into the making of this bible but I never knew it was being made. I feel SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BLESSED!!!  As I result I'm going to use it from now on with this blog.  The Key Freedom bible uses contemporary English so hopefully it will enhance the content of my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment