Friday, July 20, 2012

Isaiah 2:12-18 -- The proud

Wow, what a warning!  With all the sins in the bible it seems to me that being proud is the worst...or at least mentioned the most!  I struggle with this because I think there is a healthy pride.  I think we need to be who God made us to be and we shouldn't hide our talents to make others feel good.  After all, Jesus told a story about people who managed to double their talents.  I think I also stuggle with this because when I share my fun and excitement as I see God working I don't seem to be able to present it in a way that Christ gets the amount of credit that I want Him to get...yet I think this is the key to remaining humble.  It's remembering that "Every blessing we receive is only by His grace".

Thank you Lord for giving me so many blessings.  Show me how to use my time and talents wisely in Your Kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment