Thursday, July 19, 2012

Isaiah 2:6-11 -- Priorities

I'm reminding of the Canadian National Anthem "God keep our land, glorious and free"...over my life time I remember the 100 reasons why I'm proud to be a Canadian campaign and I remember travelling around the world being proud to be a Canadian.  I know people from many countries have decided to make Canada their home so I assume this is because they've decided that Canada is a better place to be than where they were living.  God has answered our prayer; He's given us a good economy and a peaceful nation; yet I fear that we're departing from Him and our children are being raised to believe we don't need Him. 

If I were to bring this to a human perspective I'm thinking it would be something like a parent who has given their child everything they've asked for; they've protected them and provided for them and ultimately given them their freedom and the child; like the prodical son, decides to take it all and waste it. (Luke 15:11-32)

I love how both of these stories end though
"At that time only the Lord will still be praised"

Today I'm going to consiously look for things to praise the Lord for.

1 comment:

  1. I had lots to praise God for today. It was a good productive day at work. We had good bonding time at lunch as we played some games together. Had a delicious supper with the leadership team at church as we had an opportunity to meet our new church leaders.

    ReplyDelete