Friday, March 1, 2013

Isaiah 38:9-20 -- Tough times are growth times

"It was for my own good that I had such hard times. But your love protected me from doom in the deep pit and you turned your eyes away from my sins." Isaiah 38:17

"When the going gets tough the tough get going"

"Lord, protect my heart"

"Every experience God gives us, every person He puts in our lives, is the perfect preparation for the future that only He can see."

I find that when life is easy I take too much for granted.  I don't value the waiting, the saving up, the dreaming as I should.  I've discovered that the dreams are just as much fun and can last longer than the real thing.  I think that can happen with my God experiences too.  I can get so excited about "the ministry/mission" that I miss the whole point of my relationship.

Father, please help me to enjoy the gifts You give to me and delight in spending time with You.

No comments:

Post a Comment