Saturday, March 23, 2013

Isaiah 43:8-13 God or Intuition

I'm reading a book right now titled "Embrassing Uncertainty" and I'm loving it but there is one thing that is bothering me; why can't they just come out and talk about the Holy Spirit as they discuss Intuition.  (actually I think I know why; they think they can sell more books and reach more people without talking about the Holy Spirit). 

This passage talks about our problem as people; we have eyes and ears but we can't see or hear.  In other words, we're not hearing the Holy Spirit speaking to us or seeing God in action.  For years I've prayed for God eyes but today I'm thinking I need to start praying for sensitive ears to hear the voice of God.  Or more importantly I need to pray God's heart's desire:

"Father, help me to know You and help me to trust You, and understand that You alone our God.  That you have always been God and that there are no substitutes for You.  Thank You for watching over me, thank you for rescuing me when I or others mess up, thank You for promising to save me and thank You for never leaving me and thank You for not allowing anyone to snatch me from You or stand in the way of what You are doing"  

No comments:

Post a Comment