Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Isaiah 41:6-16 -- God is good

Last night I knew I needed God's wisdom and I started humming a song.  I had no idea what the words were but God so often speaks to me in song (as funny as this is to everyone who has heard me sing! :-)).  I hunted and hunted for the song and finally found the words
"God is with us, God is with us..."

Then I read:
  • "I chose you"
  • "You are my chosen servant"
  • "I haven't forgotten you."
  • "Don't be afraid.  I am with you"
  • "Don't tremble with fear.  I am your God"
  • "I will make you strong as I protect you"
  • "You will look around for those brutal enemies but you won't find them because they will be gone"
  • "I am the Lord your God"
  • "I am holding your hand so don't be afraid"
  • "I am here to help you"
  • "no matter what others tell you; I am the holy God of Israel who saves and protects you."

What amazing promises.  And then the passage ends with " ...celebrate and praise me, your Lord, and holy God of Israel"...and I get an e-mail about Don Moen coming to Toronto!  Here's a sample of his music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQQrYrtD2Zs&list=PLF1F669576A3802AD&index=6

No comments:

Post a Comment