Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Isaiah 44:9-11 -- God doesn't mind taking on idols

I cut out a picture of Jesus this weekend that I discovered in a newspaper.  I love it because He looks so loving and human, yet divine.  I've put it on my wall above pictures of my family to remind me to pray for my family, and to remind me that He's got them covered.  Yet, still the truth of all of this is the picture is not my God.  My God is alive, living, loving, caring, applying justice and grace.  I didn't make Him up.  There's enough evidence to know that Jesus walked this earth.  The only real question is did He rise from the dead?  As I googled this question I'm shocked at how little there is of credible material out there on this question.  The first hit I went to I thought wonderful; it's a Canadian paper addressing the issue because the question was in the title of the article but the article didn't talk about it at all!!!  Fortunately I know Professors like CS Lewis, who became a christian as an adult, has done some homework on this topic.  My head hurts when I read his work "Basic Christianity" so here's another article that addresses the same question.

http://y-jesus.com/wp-content/tcpdf-pdf/1871.pdf

For me the evidence is an obvious yes; He did rise from the dead!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_OTz-lpDjw

No comments:

Post a Comment