Monday, August 6, 2012

Isaiah 6:1 -- I saw the Lord

"King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord."  As I read this first line I'm reminded that some times we just need to be out of the way for people to see the Lord.

As the Director of Evangelism I'd rank myself very low in my skill of greeting new people at my church door.  I know this is a very important task because one summer, years ago, I had 3 people make it to the street my church was on but not one of them managed to make it in the door.  I can understand this because I don't even like going to the gym all by myself for the first time.  Knowing this, when I got a phone call from a stranger to me, saying he'd like to come to my church I told him I'd meet him there.  I then hung up the phone and realized I wouldn't be at church that Sunday!  I felt so bad and then I contacted my backups and left them with a note.  As a result this gentleman had an incredible welcome to church.  He didn't just have my note, he had my brothers and sisters in the Lord...and he's been coming ever since! 

Even through the terrible experience of grieve I've observed that this experience has allowed people to "see the Lord".

My prayer is that we each see the Lord, in all His fullness, and that we stay out of the way of others seeing the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment