Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Isaiah 7:10-13 -- Signs

"Ask for a sign from the Lord your God to prove to yourself that these thigs are true.  It may be a sign from as deep as the place of the dead or as high as the heavens"

Ahaz, the king, said he didn't want to test the Lord by asking for a sign but Isaiah made it clear; it's okay to ask for sign for the sake of the people and God Himself.  As I type this I'm remembering my MP and Prime Minister in prayer.  What responsiblity they have to lead the people.  Lord, please give them the courage to ask for a sign and please give them one that they know is, without a doubt, from You.

I know we can fake many things.  I went to Hawaii and saw real water falls and a real volcano and then I went to where the rich people hang out in hotels that are full of fake experiences.  There was a pool so you could get into the water and "swim" with the dolphins but I only saw people standing and touching them.  There were the manicured lawns, there was the opportunity to get your picture taken with a parrot (and then pay a lot of money for the picture)... It was beautiful and almost instant but I knew it was fake.

Lord, today I'm asking for a sign.  I'm asking for a real awareness of your presence.  You continue to give me glimpses like the songs in my heart, the treats I receive with the weather, the re-uniting of friends, the support of strong mentors, yet there is nothing like experiencing You in an intimate living room relationship.  Lord, today I need a fresh touch of Your Spirit.  I need You to take over this body of mine and use it wherever and however you need me to use it.  Would you show me what You want to say to Your people this evening...and thanks Lord for allowing me to partner with You in ministry.  I know you don't need me but it's fun being in ministry together with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment