Saturday, August 11, 2012

Isaiah 6:6-7 -- A touch on the lips

Today I am praying "Lord, what are the right words and when shall I speak"? 

I'm also reminded of Nicky Gumbel's illustration of the power of the Holy Spirit. He talks about many Christians having a pilot light Holy Spirit experience but we have the opportunity to have a full blown Holy Spirit fire.  If I take this illustration and bring it back to the coal an angel touches Isaiah's lips with and says "your guilt is taken away and your sin atoned for" I think of the pain of this experience.

It takes me to the verse in James 3:5-6

"Likewise the tongue is a small part of the body, but it makes great boasts.  Consider what a great forest is set on fire by a small spark.  The tongue also is a fire, a world of evil among the parts of the body.  It corrupts the whole person, sets the whole course of his life on fire, and is itself set on fire by hell."

My prayer today is for us to commit our mouth to His use so it only starts fires that He wants started.

No comments:

Post a Comment