Friday, July 12, 2013

Isaiah 61:3-4 -- "Trees of Justice"

In 2001 I was reading Matthew 13 and asked God "What category am I in? Why am I not seeing fruit"?    Many amazing things have happen in my world since that time and one of the highlights in my world was a November night in 2001 when I saw dancing at the Salvation Army because we were SOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited; 3 people had just accepted Christ into their lives.

This however, was followed by a season of sorrow because on July 28th Nicole, one of our Alpha kids,  was taken home to be with our Lord, yet even in this mourning God was working.  As I read this today I'm wondering if this is where the tradition of sending flowers to those who mourn comes from. I also think of Mina and our decision to plant a tree in her memory as I read "Trees of Justice" planted by the Lord to honour His name.

Is it really true, that this is the route to rebuilding cities that have been in ruins for many generations? As I read this I think of the churches in Canada and how so few have young people in them today. Father, will You help us to rebuild Your Kingdom here in Your nation?  Lord, I want to claim this promise for our land today.

No comments:

Post a Comment