Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Isaiah 54:16-17 -- God and weapons

As I read today's passage I think of the Colt factory in my neighbourhood.  God even made the owners and workers at this factory and God even made the Canadian Army. 

Personally I like Isaiah 2:4
"He will judge between the nations and will settle disputes for many peoples. They will beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning hooks. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore."

I like it when the Canadian Army is pulled into peace keeping missions.  Lord, I'm thinking of each soldier that was in Rwanda.  Would you give them peace in their minds after the horrific sights they've seen.

Lord, thank you for Your promises.

Today my special one is:
"God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind." 2 Timothy 1:7

No comments:

Post a Comment