Friday, June 14, 2013

Isaiah 56:3,5 -- Treats from God

I find these verses fascinating and comforting for people who can't have children but I don't believe these verses are meant to devalue children because other portions of scripture differ.

For instance:
Matthew 19:14 
But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.
 
Isaiah 11:6
The wolf will live with the lamb, the leopard will lie down with the goat, the calf and the lion and the yearling together; and a little child will lead them.
 
I also find it fascinating that Isaiah is suggesting that the replacement for having your own children is monuments with your name on them in the temple.  It is true that we see monuments of saints around the world, and it is true that as singles we can invest in the lives of others more but there is nothing more stabilizing than a healthy family.

So I concluded that if we do what God says, He will honour us, with or without children.
 
Father, I pray for protection and the spiritual infilling of our children; I pray for singles; that you would fill them with the abundant life You have promised, and if it is Your will that You would lead them into life long commitments with people who believe in life long commitments.  I also pray for parents, that You would guide them and fill them with Your Spirit as they raise their child in the way they need to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment