Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Isaiah 59:1-2 -- Sins as a roadblock

These verses are interesting.  They are implying that our sins block the answers to our prayers and maybe this is true.  If I read Matthew 9 I see Jesus interacting with a sick man and instead of praying for his healing he said his sins are forgiven!

As an Alpha leader I use to run a healing night and because of this thought I wouldn't start with us praying for healing; I would start with us connecting with Jesus and then presenting our sin to Christ.  We would think of David and how he got caught. He didn't even think he had sinned until he was confronted...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mD2PJ0xbAdY

I firmly believe that a lot of our health issues are tied into our guilt.  I also believe many think that if we change the definition of sin our guilt will go away...but I don't think it works this way.   I think it only works when we recognize our failings and take them to Christ for His forgiveness and wisdom.  I'm not saying that we don't allow God to work through other individual; of course we do, but ultimately we can never live up to God's standards.  We are all sinners saved by grace!

I'm thankful for Andrea and Daniel who spurred me on to blog on Isaiah.  They have been such a blessing to me because really what they have done is spurred me on in spending time with Christ each day.  Andrea, if you're reading this know that I'm incredibly blessed to have you as my sister in Christ!  Keep the faith! This a perfect example of one sinner spurring another sinner on to a wonderful relationship with Christ.  Daniel, surprise...I know you're just finding out about this now! :-)

The truth is, when you've been a Christian for a certain period of time people assume you don't need spurring on and that is so not true! God always wants us on a growth path with Him.

Today Lord I'm asking for more help.  In particular, I need help controlling my sin of over indulgence. This is not a huge addiction it's just a sin that is creeping up on me that will eventually affect my health!  Thank you for my Ultimate Freesbie team mates who spurred me on to continue to play this summer and thank you for Kunfu for Christ.  Lord, I'm sure this is all good but ultimately I need to be aware of what I'm putting into my body.  Help me to be conscious of this in a way that's helpful and not crippling to me.

I'm also asking for help in my unbelief.  What an insult to You Lord.  I woke up this morning singing "Not my will Father but Thine be done".  Lord, please help me to not base my belief on the prayers you answer for me as if I am God but help me to understand your will and base my belief on my relationship with You and how I see You working.

Father, You have blessed Canada immensely.  Lord, please raise up the people of Canada to truly worship You once again. Renew their hope in You and help me to represent You well in Valerie's life.  Lord, please show us how we can bring You to her generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment