Thursday, June 6, 2013

Isaiah 55:2 -- Satisfaction

Have you ever been in a situation where you buy something new and a week later your friend has one too?  It's happened to me. I bought a new car and shortly afterwards my friend had a new car.  I bought a new house and shortly afterwards my friend had a new house.  What I learned from this experience is that if my satisfaction came from having the newest it didn't last long and it would be a pretty expensive high. 

I love the wisdom of my Father.  He says "it's not in the having it's in the getting".  The things I've dreamed about, saved for etc have given me the most satisfaction.  It's like the calling I had on my life to take a team on a short term mission. God gave me the vision and the desire but it was surround with waiting and frustration until the day I went to God and said "What's up?"

So right now Lord, in my moments of frustration please help me to pray "What's up?" and help me to listen carefully so that I can enjoy the very best spiritual, emotional and physical food You want to give me.

I love You Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment