Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Isaiah 51:17-23 -- Lord, my children!!!

Father, I don't know if my life is scripted by others or by You yet I know, even if it is scripted by others ultimately only You can co-ordinate things like You have. 

For instance, today You woke me up early and called me to go walking even though there was thunder in the air and ultimately there was some rain...but nothing to really get me wet...and by the time I got home the sun was shining!  I don't know if that was a miracle or not all I do know is two songs came to mind.

The first one I know is for our prayer meeting for the Campaign of Hope
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr5Y63bDNNg

The second one is a reminder
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfXOgRKB-zw

And then I discovered:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_usu1HYIZ8c

I say all of this because the verses I just read make me think it's time to pray for the kids who are out of control.  Lord, please place barriers in the way of our children who are going in the wrong direction! And help us to empower them to make positive differences in this world.

To make this even more interesting, today as I was walking I encountered a Mother who stopped me on the sidewalk to ask me to pray for her son...and others!  As it turns out, she's a neighbour of mine and has been in the neighbourhood a lot longer than I have been!  (Go God go!!!)

Father, these verses imply that as adults, we need to change and then You'll help us with the children.  We need to pay close attention to You Lord!  Lord, please make me sensitive to Your still voice and put a wall of protection around each child that a parent has prayed for today.

1 comment:

  1. Last night I was reminded that our children can be just as good of evangelists as an adult. Lord, help us to not forget our children.

    ReplyDelete