Friday, May 10, 2013

Isaiah 51:4-5 Pay attention...I have a lesson; God

Are you listening?  You belong to me, says the Lord, and I want to teach you so that justice will shine like a light for every nation.

Lord, I'm thinking about the folks that work for the Salvation Army in other countries and I'm wondering what fair pay is for them.  This week I've heard that the average Canadian makes $42,000/year so I'm wondering if we should strive for those working in the Salvation Army to get paid what the average person does in the country where they work?  So in Zambia this may mean $2,000/year and in South Africa this may mean $11,000/year.  Father I struggle with this because one Salvationist not working in Canada could pay for 21 Salvationist working in Zambia.  Lord, I know that our expenses are higher here.  Should we only worry about our own nations?  Father, I so need Your teaching on justice.  It's hard for me to believe that people I know, in Canada, only went to school every other day because they shared their siblings shoes!  It was also an interesting thought last night...we can put someone on the moon but struggle with getting medicine (or water for that matter) to a remote village in Africa.  Father, will You teach me how to
"Authentically love You and authentically love my neighbour as much as I authentically love myself"?

Thanks for allowing me to work in Your Kingdom and thanks for the partners in ministry around me.  Lord, please unite us in a powerful way so that the world may know You have sent your Son!

No comments:

Post a Comment