Saturday, May 11, 2013

Isaiah 51:6 -- For this life or for the next???

I saw that Chris Hadfield was on my facebook last night.  The Canadian we've put on the moon...and my Mother, our family tree expert, tells me he's related to me!  Yet God, you're putting this into perspective; even the stars can disappear and the earth can wear out.  This begs the question, what are we left with?  If we wrestle with what we have here on earth it may not be much but if we recognize that like we see in Star Trek; this world is just one place in our Eternal life maybe we would comprehend the love of Christ and the fact that God's saving power never ends.

Today I'm aware of two very rich families who lost a teenager in the past month.  All the money in the world won't take away their pain.  The best comfort comes from God through a friend.  Although I find God's principals so hard to grasp "Blessed are they that mourn for they shall be comforted" there is truth in Jesus's words.  Father, would you protect the marriage of these two families.  This type of grief is so hard on spouses.  Would you turn the lemon into lemonade and draw the spouses together like they've never been drawn together before.  Lord, would you help the husbands share their love with their wives on this incredibly hard Mother's Day.  In Jesus name.

And Father, would you continue to grow the fruit of the Spirit 'love, joy, peace, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, meekness and self control' Galatians 5:22 in my life because ultimately this, along with my friends and family are the only investments I have beyond this world.

Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment