Thursday, May 30, 2013

Isaiah 54:11-13 -- I will rebuild says the Lord

There are some people in our lives right now who are sad and discouraged, tossed around in a storm yet the Lord says I will rebuild with precious stones.  For the foundation I will use blue sapphires.

As I read this I hear God's calling to holiness (because the blue in the Salvation Army flag represents the Father's holiness).   We need that foundation of holiness...of blue sapphires.  Yet the holiness God is after is not a holier than though attitude.  No, He wants each one of us to be whole.  He wants to give each one of us an abundant life with a solid foundation.  Father, as You rebuild would You prepare each of our lives with Your rock solid foundation of a whole life.

Lord, of all the gems I think I like rubies the best because they're red.  Yet red reminds me of the red in the Salvation flag that represents the blood of Jesus.  Can our fort walls be represented by the blood of Jesus? 

For me, the gems in this world aren't rocks...they're people.  Father, as You teach our children and make them successful in this world will You help them to be the gems in our fort?

Lord, please bless all the gems in our world as we celebrate the Body of Christ; the church; today.

No comments:

Post a Comment