Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Isaiah 52:14-15 -- No pain, no gain

I've heard the phrase, "no pain, no gain" in the world of sports but is it true in our spiritual life too? Knowing the verses I was going to blog on today I went for a walk and was thinking about why Jesus was actually killed and a song came to my mind.

"Root them out, get them gone
All the little rabbits in the field of corn
Envy, jealousy, malice, pride
They must never in my heart abide"

I wonder if this is really what sent Jesus to the cross.  Envy, jealousy, malice and pride.  I also wonder what the church would look like and what the community would look like if all envy, jealousy, malice and pride were gone!

Would we see more Holy Spirit fruit of love, joy, peace, kindness, faithfulness, meekness and self control?

Would we see more people recognizing where they fit into the body of Christ and would we see us celebrating our differences and recognizing the need for our differences?

Spirit of the living God fall afresh on us
Spirit of the living God fall afresh on us
Melt us, mold us, fill us, use us
Spirit of the living God fall afresh on us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BagH-zTfnsQ

Jesus, thanks for your sacrifice.  If I were you I would have come off the cross but You didn't.  You're amazing and to think, You want to be our friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment