Thursday, May 16, 2013

Isaiah 52:1-2 -- Wake up and stand strong

If I were to change the word Jerusalem with the church in Canada we'd be charge with waking up and standing strong.  It seems to me that as the church we quit believing in the life changing relationship we can have with God so we allowed others to mock the church... and they could easily do it because we were acting in our own strength under our own power and we forgot that God is God and He wants a relationship with us!

As I read verse 2 I'm reminded of the testimony that I heard last night..."I had a rope around my neck and then Jesus told me He had a better way".  Father, I also think of Brian's family right now.  Lord, will You be their comfort and strength.

Father, would you raise up the church around me.  Father, I need men, women and children who will join me in putting You first in their lives.  Father, I know what You've given me to do is way beyond me so I acknowledge right now that I need You and I also need the church.  Father, fill this land with Your glory.

Lord, thank you for the joy the kids in my life get when they connect with folks in their neighbourhood.  Will You make this an amazing neighbourhood to be in where we celebrate You and Your creativity in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment